Fukui Prefecture's classic hot spring town.
Awara Onsen has been welcoming customers since it opened in 1883, and this elegant hot spring is known as "Kansai's reception room." The refinement and atmosphere of Awara that has been loved by artists and writers continues to live in its hospitality. Awara garners the highest acclaim in Hokuriku as a romantic hot spring town with the elegance and refinement oozing from its modern architecture.
- Awara City, Fukui Prefecture
- 5 minutes by foot from Echizen Railway Awara-Yunomachi Station
- 10 minutes by car from JR Awaraonsen Station
- Varies depending on the facility
- Open all year
- All year
- Try the "Awara Onsen meguri pass" when you want to enjoy different hot springs. The "Awara Onsen yumeguri pass" has three onsen stickers that allows a person to use a sticker to enter participating inns and Sentopia Awara for bathing. Some inns also allow one sticker to be used for a drink at their cafe corners.
Soto Zen Daihonzan Eiheiji Temple
Fukui Prefecture Varve Museum
Heisenji Hakusan Shrine
Kehi Jingu Shrine
Ichijodani Asakura Clan Ruins
Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum
Port of Humanity Tsuruga Museum
Echizen Washi Village
Mikata Five Lakes Rainbow Line