Nihonkai Sakanamachi is the largest fish market on the Sea of Japan side of the country. There are many fresh fish shops that sell seafood directly from Tsuruga Port, and restaurants for such foods as sushi and kaisendon (seafood rice bowl). This old-fashioned market echoes with vibrant voices and is brimming with energy.
- 1-1531 Wakaba-cho, Tsuruga City, Fukui 914-0125
- Take the Gurutto Tsuruga Shuyu Bus from JR Tsuruga Station for around 10 minutes, and get off at Nihonkai Sakanamachi bus stop.
- 10:00~17:30 (open until 18:00 in July, August, November and December)
- Closed days to be determined
- All year
- There are also group specialist restaurants and stores selling regional souvenirs, so a wide range of customers can enjoy this market.
Mikata Five Lakes Rainbow Line
Fukui Prefecture Varve Museum
Ichijodani Asakura Clan Ruins
Kehi Jingu Shrine
Echizen Washi Village
Heisenji Hakusan Shrine
Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum
Soto Zen Daihonzan Eiheiji Temple
Port of Humanity Tsuruga Museum