- 03/29/2019 We have added a new travelogue. EXPERIENCE PAST AND FUTURE, LATEST TREND & TRADITIONAL CULTURE, CITYSCAPE FROM THE SKY, WATERSIDE BEAUTY, PANORAMIC VIEW, FESTIVE MOMENT, SUN, SKY & SERENITY, ISLANDS & SKYSCRAPERS, BLUE RIVER & URBAN BEACH
- 03/29/2019 We have added a new travelogue. HISTORY & RELIGION, STREETS OF OLD JAPAN, HISTORIC BEAUTY OF ARTS AND BUILDINGS, WILDNESS & STILLNESS, EXPERIENCE THE QUINTESSENTIAL, RELAXATION & CULTURE, FEEL THE EARTH
- 03/29/2019 We have added a new travelogue. THE BEAUTY OF JAPAN'S TRADITION, WISDOM＆VIRTUAL REALITY, THE LIVING LEGACY OF SAMURAI CULTURE, TIMELESS ARTISTRY
- 2/14/2019 We have added a new 360° VR video. The KYUSHU X TOKYO website.
- 10/25/2018 We have launched a new site: HOKURIKU X TOKYO.
- 03/29/2019 We have added a new travelogue.
Recommended scenic routes
Easy overnight trips from Tokyo
TIMELESS ARTISTRYFUKUI × TOKYOBegin by viewing legendary Japanese ukiyo-e painter and printmaker Hokusai’s masterpiece Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji at Sumida Hokusai Museum before travelling to Eiheiji Temple, a head temple and holy site with over 700 years of history and tradition. Buddhist ascetic training is practiced here, and visitors can catch a glimpse of ascetic monks undergoing such training. Experience the heart and soul of Japan on this trip.
THE BEAUTY OF JAPAN'S TRADITIONNIIGATA × TOKYOBonsai tree cultivation is a hallmark of traditional Japanese culture. First witness the bonsai’s expression of the austerity of nature hidden within its beautiful exterior, and then head to Matsudai Nohbutai, a field museum that fuses art with traditional satoyama rural mountain living. Observe the traditions and culture of rural agricultural Japan. This valuable trip enables a traveler to enjoy a variety of Japanese culture in one swoop.
WISDOM＆VIRTUAL REALITYTOYAMA × TOKYOEnjoy the cutting edge of VR entertainment at SKY CIRCUS, Japan’s leading VR facility, before heading to Gokayama village, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site due to its traditional thatched-roof houses. Here visitors can witness an architectural beauty born of the wisdom of everyday life. Take a precious journey from the latest cutting-edge technology to the everyday wisdom unique to the snow-covered countryside.
THE LIVING LEGACY OF SAMURAI CULTUREISHIKAWA × TOKYOVisit Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden, created on the site of a samurai residence, and let the evocative landscape take you back in time. Next, travel to the renowned garden at Kenroku-en Garden, once home to feudal lord Maeda in the Edo period (1603-1868). Close to Kanazawa Castle and historical samurai residences, Kenroku-en Garden offers stunning seasonal views ranging from spring cherry blossoms to the iconic yukitsuri in winter. Experience samurai culture in Ishikawa Prefecture, where the past remains to be enjoyed today.