Wajima Morning Market
The Wajima Morning Market is one the three most famous morning markets of Japan with a history of over 1,000 years, making it the oldest market in the country. Around 200 shops line the 360-m street. Women from local farms and fishermen sell fresh seafood, vegetables, processed goods and folk handicrafts, such as Wajima lacquerware. Bartering while having a conversation is another way of enjoying the market.
- 1-115 Kawai Town, Wajima City
- Bus: JR Kanazawa Station→Wajima Marine Town (around 2 hrs 30 min)
- 10 minutes on foot from Wajima station(Wajima-eki-mae) bus stop
- 8:00 - Around 11:30
- 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month, and January 1 to 3
- Apr., May, Jun., Jul., Aug., Sep., Oct., Nov.
- Free admission