The Sumida Hokusai Museum
©THE SUMIDA HOKUSAI MUSEUM
World renowned artist Katsushika Hokusai was born in the Hokusai Street area of present day Sumida Ward. He created countless masterpieces while spending nearly all of his 90-year life in Sumida.
This museum introduces the works of Hokusai and takes a closer look at the relationship between Hokusai and Sumida through various themed exhibitions and educational programs.
- 2-7-2 Kamezawa, Sumida-ku 130-0014
- About 5 minutes on foot from the A3 Exit of Ryogoku Station on the Toei Subway Oedo Line
- About 9 minutes on foot from the East Exit of Ryogoku Station on the JR Sobu Line
- 9:30-17: 30 (last admission at 17:00)
- Closed on Mondays (the next weekday if Monday falls on a national holiday or compensatory holiday) and the year-end and New Year's holidays
- All year
- Admission to permanent exhibition is 400 yen *Free for junior high school students and younger
Please present ID verifying age